HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Lorelei's Toddler Bed - Part 1


Lola's crib is now up in Jamie and Josh's nursery waiting the arrival of their little girl. We had planned on Lola moving into Lillie's room once she was done with the crib but we tried it several times and it didn't go so well so we decided to put her back in her room and build her a little toddler bed. Because I figured she wouldn't sleep in it long I designed it so I could add a tufted back and turn it into a little mini-sofa/daybed for the girls when the time came and we could turn this room into a little bit of a playroom for them (although we also have the full sized bed in here seeing how it also functions as our guest room and it's not a very big room it will be a bit squishy). Well, guess what? She slept in it great for a couple of nights and then things went downhill and she decided she was ready to sleep in with Lillie and sure enough the last week they've been sleeping in there together! So - all that work for two nights in this bed - ahhh! Haha - oh well, I will be turning it into a little sofa/daybed hopefully this week or next and will share pictures once it's done and I also will have a tutorial for both this little bed and the sofa.


We have these little bunny silhouette pillows now available in our shop! They are perfect for Easter and also for a children's room!


And yes, I know that with the crib gone the silhouettes are now randomly in the middle of the wall =). They are coming down once I make the bed into a daybed because I have something else I am going to put above it that I am excited about!


Good thing I took some pictures the first day. =)


I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! 

32 comments:

  1. Oh my, she's such a doll! Those transition days are hard at first, but she will get the hang of it. How nice that she gets to share a room with her sister, I know my daughter would LOVE to share a room with her brother, him, not so much ;). Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola's bed turned out great! It will be fun to see, when you turn it into a mini sofa. Happy Monday! Wishing you all a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

    Have a great week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling. wasn't she just born yesterday? a big girl bed already? okay, I nEED that owl, where can I find him??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Times goes by WAY too fast! The owl pillow was a gift from our sweet neighbors and is from Pier 1. They just got it for her recently so I am guessing they still have some.

      Delete
  5. Awwwww, what a cute little bed. So funny about kids... "best laid plans..." No telling where everyone will end up sleeping!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Love your blog and style. I am on here almost daily for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I can"t wait to redo my boys' rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved her room. Oh, and how cute is she? Gorgeous little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute little bed! Can't wait to see the little couch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks CUTE Jennifer!!! Can't wait for the tutorial.: ) You style everything so well!
    Have a great week!
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious bedroom for your daughter. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy, happy day to you! What adorable bunny pillows....so sweet....they make me think of spring!

    Wishing you joy today!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, I LOVE it!! I have been thinking about building a toddler bed, and now I am sold on the idea. Great job, Jennifer! You are an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie..
    So glad for you that it worked out in the sleeping arrangement department..
    Looking forward to the tutorial..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word, how cute is that bed? And the owl pillow! Where did you find that? I think I need it in my life. :) You have such great taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The owl pillow was a gift from our sweet neighbors and is from Pier 1!

      Delete
  16. How beautiful! I love the branch hanging over the bed, what a sweet idea! Love all the things on the dresser too, everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A good idea, we have to design a room for our children by providing fun in his room, let him be comfortable when resting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this idea. Really cute! The girls are growing so fast and are just beautiful. Can't wait to see Jaime's nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Precious! What color paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  20. You constantly amaze me with your creativity! This is amazing. We're in the process of donating our Ava's crib and moving her to a "big girl" bed. She's 3 next month...I held off as long as I could! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where is the bedding from?

    ReplyDelete
  22. can you please tell me HOW you made that bed??????

    ReplyDelete
  23. Will you please tell me where you found that dresser??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Its Simply Shabby Chic from Target.

      Delete
    2. Where is the toddler bedding from? and the throw too? Its exactly what I want for my daughter's room!

      Delete
    3. Hi, Ashley! The quilt was a gift so I'm not sure where it came from, and I have no idea where the other blanket was from (we got it so long ago)--sorry!

      Delete
  24. Hi what is the name and brand of color on the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there.... LookiNo for the tutorial on how to make the bed. Is it posted and I just can't find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! For safety reasons we never did a tutorial--sorry!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...